Its time we got serious about economic development in our area. We need jobs. Good, high-paying jobs so our best and brightest don’t leave home for Atlanta and our area continues to grow.
To secure these high-paying quality jobs, we have to focus on some important keys that other regions and states are providing. We need:
- Quality infrastructure (power plants, water, natural gas, schools and roads)
- A well trained workforce
- Access to state economic development dollars to incentivize businesses
- Promote our fantastic quality of life and the joy of small town life
- Work together across county lines (people will drive 20-45 miles a day to a good job)
- Maximize the value of our proximity to the ports of Savannah & Brunswick
When we make growing South Georgia a priority and work together as a team, we can get the best jobs for our neighbors. This lowers the tax burden for all of us, increases the vibrancy of our area and helps keep our kids closer to home with opportunities for a good career. That’s exactly what Blake did as Chairman of the Toombs County Commission.
We need Blake Tillery!
If we elect Blake Tillery, we will have a Senator that is focused on job creation and making our region the pride of the state in regards to economic development. We can’t afford to not have a man like Blake working for us. Let’s elect Blake Tillery and grow South Georgia!